- First of all, ask yourself; do you know what you are doing? Always use your common sense before acting especially when money is involved.
- Do a whois on the domain and find out when it was registered. It is not easy to find out which one is credible but it is obvious that the domains which are recently purchased seem illegitimate or creepy.
- Ask for references; if the company is legitimate then they will definitely send you details and references from their satisfied clients. You can always ask since you have nothing to lose.
- If you are dealing with large sum of money then it is better to check with the state’s Attorney’s Office to see if the company has a received any sorts of complaints.
- Use GOOGLE as your friend. Google is so powerful that you can’t imagine. Do a search on the product. For example: if the product is Google cash kit then search for “Google cash kit reviews”. Always checkout reviews before dealing with the product. There are tons of sweet people like me giving out free reviews.
- Make sure the review is legitimate. A lot of unethical marketers use this “review” system to their advantage to make sales.
- Check with the National Fraud Information Center. You can reach them at 1-800-876-7060. They provide a lot of valuable resources about all forms of scams.
- You should remember pyramid schemes. They still exist and a lot of people still fall for this. If you are asked to send money to ten people, who each send money to ten other people, and goes on, this is ILLEGAL.
- If you encounter a site or ad that says you won a prize or money then think twice. Nothing is for free my friend beside knowledge.
- If you still think that it is just too much to resist and you have to make a purchase then at least pay by credit card. You have a lot of payment options these days. If you pay by credit card and realized that you fell a victim of you are not satisfied then, you can call your bank and do a “charge back. Also, when you put your financial information on the net, make sure that the site is secure. The domain should have “https://” on instead of just “http”. Never give out your credit card details (especially by email).
Making money online sounds easy but if you cant distinguish between the real deal and fraud then, it is better if you keep off. Always remember, do a research or find reviews before you get involved with any online business or products.
There are several products that seem to be tempting; Even though some of them might cost even a $1 and you might not be bothered even if you were ripped off since it is just a $1 but, just imagine when a thousand of you support this, the scammers make $1000 from all. Thats not it!! If you are ignoring such incidents just because they are cheap, you are also misleading others into doing the same thing. Internet users are constantly seeking for legitimate reviews, so get out there and spread the word.
You can also post a review on ripoffreport . I found them quite interesting